There are five primary ways that the issues that arise in divorce proceedings decided:
- Informal Decision-Making involves reaching an agreement with your spouse through informal discussions.
Mediation uses a trained neutral third party to assist you and your spouse resolve issues.
- Collaborative Law involves a team approach to resolving the issues in your divorce or separation. Team members include a coach, financial planner, lawyers and their clients.
- Negotiation Between the Lawyers occurs where both you and your spouse hire attorneys that discuss resolutions on your behalf.
- Court Litigation occurs where a marital master or judge makes a decision about the issues in your case after a hearing.
The method of resolution is completely up to you and what works best for you and your family in your current circumstances. In some cases, one method is used; however in other cases, a combination of methods may be used. We can assist you in determining what method or methods of resolution work for you.
Latest posts by Morneau Law (see all)
- Morneau Law Celebrates Over 10 Years in Business - 02/07/2023
- Morneau Law Proudly Partners with ASP - 12/29/2022
- The Three Top Reasons to Create an Estate Plan - 07/06/2022