When meeting with an Attorney regarding the administration of the estate of your loved one, the more information you bring, the more productive the meeting can be. You will be asked to fill out an Estate Administration Intake Form, which can be found on our website, or by clicking here. You can fill it out ahead of time and either submit to us prior to your appointment or you may bring it with you. In the alternative, you can arrive to your appointment early and fill it out as best you can at that time.
Additionally, it would be helpful for you to bring:
- an original or copy of the death certificate
- your photo identification
- a copy or the original, if possible, of the Decedent’s Last Will & Testament and any Trust documents, if there are any
- copies of any deeds
- statements of any financial assets or liabilities
- listing of names and current contact information, including e-mail addresses, for all heirs and immediate family members
If you tend to get nervous, overwhelmed by the nature of this discussion or overcome with grief, it may be a good idea to bring with you a list of questions that you would like to have answered so that you remember to touch upon all the key points during your consultation.
- Morneau Law Celebrates Over 10 Years in Business - 02/07/2023
- Morneau Law Proudly Partners with ASP - 12/29/2022
- The Three Top Reasons to Create an Estate Plan - 07/06/2022