Medicaid is the government-run health coverage that covers the cost of nursing homes and other long-term care for those who cannot afford to pay for it privately. Because no one “plans” on going into a nursing home or needing long-term care—there is no true way to Medicaid plan in advance. Rather, here are three helpful tips on what you can do and what to be aware of as you and your loved ones age:
- Have a Good Estate Plan in Place
- Be Careful about Gifts
- Consult with an Attorney that Knows the Rules
If you or someone you know needs an estate plan or is at the point of needing to apply for Medicaid in order to cover your long-term care or nursing home costs—call us to set up an appointment with one of our attorneys here in Nashua, NH at 603-943-5647.
- A Little Planning Can Help Avoid Trust Accounting Disputes - 02/28/2021
- What To Bring To Your Divorce or Parenting Consultation - 02/27/2021
- Tips For Setting Up Your Family Law Consultation - 02/27/2021