Share This Story!

How To Get Rid Of A Criminal Record

How to get rid of a criminal record does not have to be a complicated process. Having an attorney guide you through the requirements of what and when you can get rid of a charge or conviction is highly recommended. There are many crimes that cannot currently be annulled in New Hampshire. Each criminal offense that can be annulled has a time frame on it. If you do not follow that time frame you could be required to wait three years to try again. Getting rid of a criminal charge and record in New Hampshire is a three step annulment process:

File the Petition

The first step after determining if your crime can be annulled is to file a Petition with the Court where the offense took place. There is currently a filing fee of $125.00


The second step is to go through the Probation and Parole investigation process. This is where the State has an opportunity to determine whether or not you are eligible for the annulment and whether they want to object to the Court granting you an annulment. The State requires an additional $100.00 investigation fee.

Order and Clean up

If you are fortunate enough to be granted an annulment by the Court without having to appear, the third and final step is to send the Criminal Records Bureau an additional $100.00 to process the Court’s annulment order. This process ensures that your charge has an annulled annotation in their system. If you have more than one charge that you want to annul, the fees could be more depending on a number of things such as where the Courts are located. This is something that you will want to have legal advice and guidance on to ensure that the process is handled with care. Having a criminal record from when you were young does not have to ruin your chances of getting a job or promotion now. Call us for a free consultation to discuss your options. We will ensure that your integrity and privacy are protected.

Katherine J. Morneau