Moreau Law mediators are able to assist in multiple settings of family law. A family law mediator acts as a neutral party while facilitating communications between the parties and providing education and information regarding the process. Our mediator can assist with drafting Agreements and getting the parties to the end of the entire process, all while not stepping foot in Court. Mediators are trained to identify issues and priorities of the parties, while assisting with negotiations. Parties do not have to have separate attorneys to hire a private mediator, but both parties must agree to the process.
There are a variety of family law mediation types:
- Divorce Mediation
- Child Custody and Parenting Mediation
- Post-Divorce Issues Mediation
What are the benefits of Mediation?
- Assistance with communication
- Typically, more cost-effective than litigation
- Reduction of conflict
- Documents drafted by a qualified Attorney
- Better understanding of Court documents
- Better cooperation between the parties
- Faster resolution times
- Completely confidential process
- Allows for more control than Court